Mostly Harmless
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's another attempt at DU, an alternative forum for hulls alternative scene, probably won’t pick up but never mind eh?

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lucifers Lair

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lestat
I Is Old Skool
I Is Old Skool
Lestat

Lucifers Lair Empty
PostSubject: Lucifers Lair   Lucifers Lair Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 6:01 pm

Right then. As some of you may know already, im planning my own nightclub. Ive been planning it for about 7 years now (or something like that, started when i was in school). The general idea of it is that its an alternative to Spiders and now Spiders is going down the pan due to TERRIBLE management it seems like the perfect time to put my plan into action, but what i need mainly is some feedback on it thou. All ideas and comments are more then welcome!

The general idea is that im gonna buy the old churce on Hessle Road (town end so its within walking distance) and do it all up. From the outside it all looks run down but on the inside its fantastic with the original stained glass i believe. Im planning on getting it and converting it into a nightclub for alternatives. The opening times are gonna be general opening times for a nightclub (9pm - 2.30am) opening Wed - Sun, closed Mon and Tues, with a different thing each day.

What do you all think?

i will post what each day is gonna be later because ive just realised what time it is and i gotta dash!

leave me any ideas or comments ya may have!

Lestat
Back to top Go down
makenshi_White_Cloud
makenshi_White_Cloud

Lucifers Lair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucifers Lair   Lucifers Lair Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 7:36 pm

hhmmm...i know the place as its round corner from me...may look run down on the outside but even i've said to sum people it'd be an awsum place to buy or rent and turn into a nightclub if i had the money...to be honest in my opinion i say go for it, thing is tho u gota bear in mind the cost of refurbishing the inside and renovations, u'll have to sound proof it with it bein near to homes erm and you'll have to get a stock supplier, the supplier is the easiest part, its the rest that isnt, still if u go for it id be willin to work there cept on wednesdays n saturdays as i c friends those days mainly
Back to top Go down
Lestat
I Is Old Skool
I Is Old Skool
Lestat

Lucifers Lair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucifers Lair   Lucifers Lair Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 8:10 pm

i have a supplier already Razz got a couple of staff members too

Wednesday night - Metal Mayhem
Thursday night - Live Bands
Friday night - up and coming music and classic rock
Saturday night general rock and metal of all genres
Sunday night - Cyber goth and techno and all that aka Cyber Goth Sunday Razz
Back to top Go down
makenshi_White_Cloud
makenshi_White_Cloud

Lucifers Lair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucifers Lair   Lucifers Lair Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 8:29 pm

fair nuff
sound like a good time
Back to top Go down
Lestat
I Is Old Skool
I Is Old Skool
Lestat

Lucifers Lair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucifers Lair   Lucifers Lair Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 9:20 pm

if i set it up properly and get everything the way i want it its gonna be a fantastic time!
Back to top Go down
makenshi_White_Cloud
makenshi_White_Cloud

Lucifers Lair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucifers Lair   Lucifers Lair Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 9:26 pm

hmm, jus thought, recently there has been alot of emos so maybe u shud consider a seperate room for them, just a thought cause i know alot have been comin to spiders n spend a hell of alot, each bar normally takes about £1400 on some nights and others even more, but bearing in mind spiders is cheap
Back to top Go down
Lestat
I Is Old Skool
I Is Old Skool
Lestat

Lucifers Lair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucifers Lair   Lucifers Lair Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 9:44 pm

yeah it depends how much space there is really. if there is only the space for one room im gonna cater for all tastes
Back to top Go down
makenshi_White_Cloud
makenshi_White_Cloud

Lucifers Lair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucifers Lair   Lucifers Lair Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 11:54 pm

to be honest from the look of it from the outside from what i remember, u cud probably get two rooms, if nt u cud always do an upstairs after so long that is
Back to top Go down
Lestat
I Is Old Skool
I Is Old Skool
Lestat

Lucifers Lair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucifers Lair   Lucifers Lair Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 1:01 am

yeah but if i did an upstairs it would lose the effect of the church and the high ceilings and all that. just got to see how things are firstly i guess
Back to top Go down
makenshi_White_Cloud
makenshi_White_Cloud

Lucifers Lair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucifers Lair   Lucifers Lair Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 2:04 am

true, still i did say after so long which basically i ment if u decided to in the end
Back to top Go down
Lestat
I Is Old Skool
I Is Old Skool
Lestat

Lucifers Lair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucifers Lair   Lucifers Lair Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 2:22 am

yeah i know. i suppose it all depends on the structure of the actual building too. some churces have a back area too so i could maybe fit a small bar in there with another DJ pit. shouldent be too difficult really
Back to top Go down
makenshi_White_Cloud
makenshi_White_Cloud

Lucifers Lair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucifers Lair   Lucifers Lair Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 3:57 am

k, u'll also need a smokin area or areas
Back to top Go down
Lestat
I Is Old Skool
I Is Old Skool
Lestat

Lucifers Lair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucifers Lair   Lucifers Lair Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 5:14 am

yeah i know Wink cmon ive been planning it since i was in school lol im still planning out the fine details now Razz of how i want it to look and changing things slightly here and there
Back to top Go down
God
Lord & Master
Lord & Master
God

Lucifers Lair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucifers Lair   Lucifers Lair Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 5:15 am

The one prob i see is that, as you have already mentioned, churches tend to have high cellings, which means that the accoustics in there are going to be awful, you would really need profestionals to sort that out for ya.

oh and plus there is always the old northern theatre building at the back, you could start there that has the potential for 3 rooms already plus the premises has had an alcohol sales licence in the past, and that gives it a distinct advantage.

there is that other thing, you know the big yellow signs on the side of the old church from the city councel saying CONDEMED!

other than that it sounds realy cool its about time that there was a real spiders copetiter in Hull again and i would defo attend!

Good Luck and I hope to see a Lucifers Lair near me Soon!
Back to top Go down
https://mostlyharmless.darkbb.com
Lestat
I Is Old Skool
I Is Old Skool
Lestat

Lucifers Lair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucifers Lair   Lucifers Lair Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 5:27 am

condemned shmondemned Razz that can all be sorted easily. just gotta make the building safe again lol. it would save the council money on demolition of it. the other place sounds pretty good too so i may have to look into that. The churce has an alcohol licence too already for some reason lol.
Back to top Go down
God
Lord & Master
Lord & Master
God

Lucifers Lair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucifers Lair   Lucifers Lair Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 5:31 am

ah well that sounds good, have em both lol, the Old Northern Theatre Building is like the church hall bit, I have alot of memories in that building so you better do something good! lol
Back to top Go down
makenshi_White_Cloud
makenshi_White_Cloud

Lucifers Lair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucifers Lair   Lucifers Lair Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 6:00 am

the church will have one because of the simple reason they give out alcohol on certain days/events
Back to top Go down
God
Lord & Master
Lord & Master
God

Lucifers Lair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucifers Lair   Lucifers Lair Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 6:08 am

Quick FYI!Lucifers Lair 255657_737469ba
lol

City Temple

Former
City Temple at corner of Madeley Street, Hessle Road, with former
Primitive Methodist Chapel with Sunday school to rear. Built 1880-1 at a
cost of £8,200 – the most costly Primitive chapel in Hull. Designed by William
Freeman. White brick with stone dressings. Romanesque style with two substantial
buttressed towers with pyramidal roofs and a rose window in between. Chapel
closed in 1933 and taken over by the Elim Pentecostal Church in 1934 who renamed
it the City Temple. Closed in 1984 when City Temple moved to Prince’s Avenue.
Back to top Go down
makenshi_White_Cloud
makenshi_White_Cloud

Lucifers Lair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucifers Lair   Lucifers Lair Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 6:16 am

one thing, that pic seems to show the temple in beta condition that what it is, least what i remember seein of it
Back to top Go down
God
Lord & Master
Lord & Master
God

Lucifers Lair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucifers Lair   Lucifers Lair Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 6:18 am

it had a new roof added not long back!
Back to top Go down
makenshi_White_Cloud
makenshi_White_Cloud

Lucifers Lair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucifers Lair   Lucifers Lair Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 6:28 am

actually upon closer examination, ur right it is kinda up to date the front windows are broken
Back to top Go down
Lestat
I Is Old Skool
I Is Old Skool
Lestat

Lucifers Lair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucifers Lair   Lucifers Lair Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 3:36 pm

*drools* that would be PERFECT for the club! it has the look that im going for!
Back to top Go down
makenshi_White_Cloud
makenshi_White_Cloud

Lucifers Lair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucifers Lair   Lucifers Lair Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 5:37 am

hhmmm......i thought that was the place you were talkin about anyway, little confused if it wasnt caus i hav no idea what u were talkin bout if it wasnt
Back to top Go down
Lestat
I Is Old Skool
I Is Old Skool
Lestat

Lucifers Lair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucifers Lair   Lucifers Lair Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 7:37 pm

it may be the same place lol its just been a while since ive been down Hessle Road Razz so not sure but that does look perfect for the club thou Very Happy

starting work on the business plan later
Back to top Go down
makenshi_White_Cloud
makenshi_White_Cloud

Lucifers Lair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucifers Lair   Lucifers Lair Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 12:40 am

it will be the same place then jus its missin sum recent signs such as the condemned ones
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lucifers Lair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucifers Lair   Lucifers Lair Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lucifers Lair
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mostly Harmless :: Social Chat :: Random Sh*t-
Jump to: